Loyola University Chicago, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Chicago, IL, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Enrollment at Loyola University Chicago exceeds sixteen thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Legal Professions And Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by the admissions office. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1610 to 1950 on the SAT and in a range of 25 to 29 on the ACT is common among students accepted to this school. Roughly 50 percent of all students that applied were admitted at this school, with 20 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $37,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is about $8,300 annually. Loyola University Chicago may provide financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at Loyola University Chicago through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Soccer (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.luc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants Loyola University Chicago accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Loyola University Chicago has a total student population of about 16,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 67% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $38,000-$45,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $720 to $870 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$19,095|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$8,595|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Loyola University Chicago may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Loyola University Chicago has a high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||60%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Loyola University of Chicago - Medical Center
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Program
- * Accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., Accreditation Commission (since 1997)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- * Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1993)
Campus: Loyola University Chicago
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program
- Law Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Loyola University Chicago is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Missouri Valley Conference)
- Track and Field (Missouri Valley Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Loyola University Chicago by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Loyola University Chicago.
- University of Illinois at Chicago in Chicago, IL (2 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (7 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (12 miles away)
- Purdue University - Calumet Campus in Hammond, IN (23 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (28 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Illinois
- Review a list of Illinois private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Illinois
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Loyola University Chicago for official up-to-date information.