Lubbock Christian University is a nonprofit private institution that has a fair number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Lubbock, TX, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Churches of Christ affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Lubbock Christian University exceeds two thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores between 19 to 24 on the ACT or 1270 to 1630 on the SAT are recommended to increase your chances for admission. Roughly 60% of all students that applied were accepted at Lubbock Christian University, with 35% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $19,000 annually, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's tuition calculator to determine cost. Lubbock Christian University may provide financial aid for students who are eligible by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Lubbock Christian University "Chaparrals" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
Students who would like to view more about this school can check out their website at http://www.lcu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Lubbock Christian University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Lubbock Christian University has a total student population of about 2,000. The student body is made up of 76% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $20,000-$24,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $600 to $720 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $7,300, the amount includes nineteen meals per week
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$9,680|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$8,456|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Lubbock Christian University may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
LCU has an overall graduation rate which is around 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||30%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2007)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1995)
Lubbock Christian University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Conference)
- Track and Field (Heartland Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lubbock Christian University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lubbock Christian University.
- Eastern New Mexico University - Main Campus in Portales, NM (91 miles away)
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, TX (119 miles away)
- Angelo State University in San Angelo, TX (170 miles away)
- Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX (197 miles away)
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University in Goodwell, OK (209 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Texas colleges
- Get a list of all private colleges in Texas
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Texas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Lubbock Christian University for official up-to-date information.