Marquette University is a nonprofit private institution located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and provides a large number of program options for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 12,000 students are enrolled per year at Marquette University.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. The most common test scores among students accepted to this school are between 24 to 29 on the ACT, or 1570 to 1910 on the SAT exam. This school has an acceptance rate of around 57 percent of which only 16 percent decided to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $35,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's net price calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Housing is available for students and costs approximately $7,400 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Marquette University is the "Golden Eagles", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Soccer (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students who would like to see more about this school may check out their website at http://www.marquette.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Marquette University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Marquette University is around 11,000 students. The student body is made up of 73% undergraduate students and 16% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $37,000-$44,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,283|
|Receiving Student Loans||52%||$8,672|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Marquette University may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
With a very high graduation rate of around 78%, Marquette University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||57%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Law Program
- Nurse Midwifery Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Periodontics Program
- Prosthodontics Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Theatre Program
Marquette University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Big East Conference)
- Track and Field (Big East Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Marquette University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Marquette University.
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI (3 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (27 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI (44 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (74 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh in Oshkosh, WI (75 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- See all colleges in Wisconsin
- Browse our list of private colleges in Wisconsin
- Compare other Wisconsin Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Marquette University for official up-to-date information.