Missouri Baptist University is a nonprofit private school that has a large number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Saint Louis, Missouri, in a predominantly suburban area. The school's Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately five thousand students are enrolled per year at MBU.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the school. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to be able to apply to MBU. Scores between 19 - 24 on the ACT or 790 - 950 on the SAT are recommended to greatly increase the chance of admission. 58% of those who apply are admitted to MBU, of which 54% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at mobap.edu.
The cost of tuition is nearly $22,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for those that want to live on-campus for a cost of $5,800 per year. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at Missouri Baptist University through the NAIA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
Contact information, tuition information, programs offered, and much more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.mobap.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Missouri Baptist University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Missouri Baptist University is around 5,300 students, where graduate students make up roughly 5% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $23,000-$27,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $780-$940 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $11,000, the amount includes nineteen meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,164|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,679|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Missouri Baptist University may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Missouri Baptist University is approximately 44%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2003)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2005)
Missouri Baptist University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (American Midwest Conference)
- Basketball (American Midwest Conference)
- Track and Field (American Midwest Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Missouri Baptist University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Missouri Baptist University.
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (13 miles away)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (28 miles away)
- University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL (88 miles away)
- Lincoln University - Jefferson City in Jefferson City, MO (92 miles away)
- Illinois State University in Normal, IL (151 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Missouri
- Get a list of all private colleges in Missouri
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Missouri may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Missouri Baptist University for official up-to-date information.