Morningside College provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Sioux City, Iowa and operated as a private institution. The United Methodist affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Approximately two thousand students enroll at Morningside College annually.
Students can pick from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students at this school scored between 21 - 26 on the ACT. Approximately 60 percent of all students that applied were admitted at Morningside College, with 21 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $26,000 annually, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. On-campus housing is available for students and costs about $4,100 per year. Morningside College may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Morningside College Mustangs participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NAIA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
Students may visit the website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Morningside College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Morningside College is about 2,800, with undergraduate students making up about 47% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $27,000-$32,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $500-$590 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,427|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$8,605|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Morningside College may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Morningside College is approximately 58%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||48%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Morningside College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Football (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Morningside College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Morningside College.
- University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD (36 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (37 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (140 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (142 miles away)
- Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, MO (166 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Iowa
- Get a list of all private colleges in Iowa
- Compare other Iowa Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Morningside College for official up-to-date information.