North Greenville University is a nonprofit private institution located in Tigerville, SC and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school's Southern Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Approximately 2,300 students are enrolled annually at North Greenville University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1350 to 1960 for the SAT exam and within the range of 20 to 29 on the ACT is common among students admitted to North Greenville University. An estimated 60 percent of all students that applied were accepted at North Greenville University, with 59 percent of those admitted choosing to attend.
The cost of tuition is around $15,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their cost of attending North Greenville University. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
North Greenville University offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates North Greenville University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at North Greenville University is about 2,700, with undergraduate students making up about 92% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $16,000-$20,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $430 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $12,000, the price includes twenty meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$14,896|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$6,085|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, North Greenville University may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
North Greenville University has an overall graduation rate which is around 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2004)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2005)
North Greenville University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Conference Carolinas)
- Basketball (Conference Carolinas)
- Football (Division Ii Independents)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by North Greenville University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to North Greenville University.
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (23 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (39 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Union in Union, SC (49 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (61 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (78 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in South Carolina
- See all private colleges in South Carolina
- Review a list of South Carolina Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact North Greenville University for official up-to-date information.