RMU provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Moon Township, PA and operated as a private institution. RMU has a yearly student enrollment of over 5,000.
Students can pick from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. The most common standardized test scores among students accepted to RMU are within the range of 20 - 25 for the ACT exam, or 1340 - 1660 on the SAT exam. An estimated 80 percent of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 19 percent of those accepted choosing to attend.
Tuition is approximately $25,000 for the year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,800 for the year. Some students at RMU may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Robert Morris University Colonials participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, admission forms, programs, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.rmu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Robert Morris University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Robert Morris University is around 5,400 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 16% enrolling as graduate students and 84% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $26,000-$32,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $850 to $1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$16,222|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$9,097|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Robert Morris University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Robert Morris University has an overall graduation rate which is around 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||41%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Robert Morris University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Northeast Conference)
- Track and Field (Northeast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Northeast Conference)
- Ice Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Robert Morris University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Robert Morris University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (12 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (23 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington in New Kensington, PA (25 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (28 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg in Greensburg, PA (39 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Get a list of all private colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Robert Morris University for official up-to-date information.