Siena College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Loudonville, NY, which is a predominantly suburban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Siena College has an annual student enrollment of approximately three thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Siena College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Most common test scores among students accepted to Siena College are in the range of 22 - 26 on the ACT, or 1550 - 1850 on the SAT. This school has an acceptance rate of about 48% of which only 17% decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $31,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to determine cost. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $7,400. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Siena College Saints participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the website to see a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Siena College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Siena College is around 3,200 students, where graduate students make up roughly 24% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $33,000-$40,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $500 to $600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$23,693|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$7,595|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Siena College may provide student services including:
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a graduation rate of around 80%, Siena College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||74%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2005)
Siena College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Siena College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Siena College.
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (33 miles away)
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (92 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (105 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (115 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (117 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in New York
- Find out what other private colleges are located in New York
- See all the liberal arts colleges in New York
- See if these other Christian Colleges in New York may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Siena College for official up-to-date information.