Simpson College provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Indianola, IA and operated as a private institution. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. About 2,000 students enroll at Simpson College yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Simpson College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. The majority of students at Simpson College scored in a range of 21 to 26 on the ACT. Roughly 80 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 30 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at simpson.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $31,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is about $4,200 for the year. Students enrolled at Simpson College may qualify for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Simpson College "Storm" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the school's http://www.simpson.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Simpson College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Simpson College is around 1,700 students, where graduate students make up roughly 19% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $34,000-$40,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $380-$460 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$22,335|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$8,466|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Simpson College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Simpson College is around 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||55%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1946)
Simpson College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Simpson College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Simpson College.
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (96 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (128 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (129 miles away)
- Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL (163 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (188 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Iowa colleges & universities profile page
- Review a list of Iowa private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Iowa may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Simpson College for official up-to-date information.