Southern Adventist University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Collegedale, TN, the school resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. The school's Seventh Day Adventists affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Southern Adventist University has a yearly student enrollment of over three thousand.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Visual And Performing Arts
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 890 to 1120 on the SAT and between 19 to 25 for the ACT exam is typical among students accepted to this school. Southern Adventist University admits roughly 50 percent of applicants. Of those accepted, about 58 percent registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at southern.edu.
Tuition is approximately $20,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is around $3,500 per year. Southern Adventist University may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Students may visit the Southern Adventist University website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Southern Adventist University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Southern Adventist University has a total student population of about 3,100. The student body is made up of 86% undergraduate students and 17% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $20,000-$24,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $840 to $1,000 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$10,093|
|Receiving Student Loans||55%||$8,222|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Southern Adventist University may offer services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Southern Adventist University is approximately 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||22%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing (DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southern Adventist University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southern Adventist University.
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN (14 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (82 miles away)
- Alabama A&M University in Normal, AL (88 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (92 miles away)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville in Huntsville, AL (93 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Tennessee
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Tennessee
- Compare other Tennessee Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Southern Adventist University for official up-to-date information.