Southwestern Adventist University is a nonprofit private institution located in Keene, TX and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school's Seventh Day Adventists affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. The low student to teacher ratio and access to faculty and teachers are due primarily to the smaller enrollment, approximately 800 students, maintained by Southwestern Adventist University.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Southwestern Adventist University offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, admitting any students that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, records, test scores, and personal statements may be requested for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found at swau.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $19,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $3,700. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
Students should visit the Southwestern Adventist University website to get a complete list of areas of study, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates Southwestern Adventist University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Southwestern Adventist University is around 790 students. The student body is made up of 99% undergraduate students and 19% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $20,000-$24,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $800 to $960 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$9,626|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$6,608|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Southwestern Adventist University may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Southwestern Adventist University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 38%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2009)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southwestern Adventist University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southwestern Adventist University.
- Cameron University in Lawton, OK (164 miles away)
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha, OK (186 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Texarkana in Texarkana, TX (202 miles away)
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus in Magnolia, AR (245 miles away)
- University of Houston - Victoria in Victoria, TX (248 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Texas colleges
- Compare other Texas private colleges
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Texas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Southwestern Adventist University for official up-to-date information.