Stetson University is a nonprofit private college that has a large number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in DeLand, Florida, in a predominantly suburban area. Approximately 3,800 students are enrolled annually at Stetson University.
Areas of study available at Stetson University include but are not limited to:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to this school achieve an SAT score in a range of 1530 - 1840, or an ACT score within the range of 22 - 27. Roughly 70% of all students that applied were accepted at Stetson University, with 31% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at stetson.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $39,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should use the school's tuition calculator to identify their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $6,400 for the year. Some students at Stetson University may qualify for financial aid, which is generally provided in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Stetson University Hatters participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Rowing (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the Stetson University website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students Stetson University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Stetson University has a total student population of about 4,300, where graduate students make up roughly 23% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $41,000-$49,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,200 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$29,884|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$8,206|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Stetson University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Stetson University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 64%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||56%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: SU Coll of Law
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1930)
Campus: Stetson University
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1936)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1957)
Stetson University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic Sun Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Stetson University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Stetson University.
- University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL (44 miles away)
- University of North Florida in Jacksonville, FL (86 miles away)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Campus in St. Petersburg, FL (119 miles away)
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (137 miles away)
- Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL (172 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Florida colleges
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Florida
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Stetson University for official up-to-date information.