Tufts University provides a variety of degree programs for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Medford, Massachusetts and operated as a private institution. Approximately 10,000 students are enrolled yearly at Tufts University.
Areas of study available at Tufts University include:
- Social Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score between 2040 to 2260 on the SAT, or 30 to 33 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. Competition for admissions among applicants is high, given that only 20% of students who applied are accepted to the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $47,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs around $6,800 each year. Students at Tufts University may be eligible for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Tufts University "Jumbos" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Fencing (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, financial aid information, programs, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.tufts.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Tufts University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Tufts University has a total student population of about 11,000, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $50,000-$59,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,500-$1,900 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||50%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||41%||$36,384|
|Receiving Student Loans||28%||$7,444|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Tufts University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a high graduation rate of around 92%, Tufts University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||87%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Tufts University - Grafton Campus
- Endodontics Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Pediatric Dentistry Program
- Periodontics Program
- Prosthodontics Program
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
Campus: Tufts University
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (since 1942)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1938)
- Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association, Council on Education (since 1981)
Tufts University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (New England Small College Ath Conf)
- Basketball (New England Small College Ath Conf)
- Field Hockey
- Football (New England Small College Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Tufts University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Tufts University.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston in Boston, MA (9 miles away)
- Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA (31 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (44 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH (49 miles away)
- University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA (55 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Tufts University for official up-to-date information.