UB provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Bridgeport, Connecticut and operated as a private institution. Approximately five thousand students are enrolled yearly at UB.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs UB offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Engineering Technology
- Family And Consumer Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Students may provide either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score in a range of 1230 - 1520 on the SAT, or 17 - 22 for the ACT is common among admitted students. UB admits approximately 60 percent of applicants annually. Of those students admitted, about 13 percent registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at bridgeport.edu.
Tuition is approximately $30,000 for the year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Some students at UB may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for University of Bridgeport is the "Purple Knights", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Gymnastics (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.bridgeport.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates University of Bridgeport accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of Bridgeport is around 5,400 students, where graduate students make up roughly 8% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $29,000-$35,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $16,000, the amount includes nineteen meals each week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$24,006|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$8,657|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, University of Bridgeport may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
University of Bridgeport has an overall graduation rate which is close to 28%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Master's) Program
- Art and Design Program
- Chiropractic (D.C.) Program
- Naturopathy (N.D., N.M.D.) Program
University of Bridgeport is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (East Coast Conference)
- Basketball (East Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Bridgeport by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Bridgeport.
- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT (21 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (33 miles away)
- SUNY Maritime College in Throggs Neck, NY (40 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (51 miles away)
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ (55 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Connecticut
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Connecticut
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Bridgeport for official up-to-date information.