University of Detroit Mercy is a nonprofit private institution located in Detroit, Michigan and provides a large number of program options for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Detroit Mercy has a yearly student enrollment of around 5,500.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1390 to 1870 for the SAT exam and in a range of 22 to 27 on the ACT is typical among students admitted to University of Detroit Mercy. 63% of applicants are admitted to this school, of which 26% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found at udmercy.edu.
Tuition is approximately $36,000 per year, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's tuition calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $6,000. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is usually loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Detroit Mercy Titans participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Fencing (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students who would like to get more about Detroit Mercy may visit their website at http://www.udmercy.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants University of Detroit Mercy accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Detroit Mercy is about 4,900. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 10% enrolling as graduate students and 54% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $39,000-$46,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $980-$1,200 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $11,000, the price includes sixteen meals each week
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$26,707|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$8,216|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, University of Detroit Mercy may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of University of Detroit Mercy is approximately 57%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||35%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: University of Detroit Mercy
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Campus: Outer Drive
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Endodontics Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Periodontics Program
Campus: University of Detroit Mercy - Law School
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1933)
University of Detroit Mercy is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Horizon League)
- Track and Field (Horizon League)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Detroit Mercy by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Detroit Mercy.
- University of Michigan - Dearborn in Dearborn, MI (8 miles away)
- University of Michigan - Flint in Flint, MI (50 miles away)
- Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (98 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (115 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (125 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Michigan
- Compare other Michigan private colleges
- Compare other Michigan Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Detroit Mercy for official up-to-date information.