Get more information about University of Mary by clicking links below:
University of Mary is a nonprofit private institution located in Bismarck, North Dakota and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Nearly 3,300 students enroll at UMary/Marauders yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to UMary/Marauders. A score between 893 to 1146 on the SAT, or 20 to 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. This school admits around 80 percent of students applying. Of those accepted, nearly 50 percent enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $15,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's net price calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $2,800. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The University of Mary Marauders participate in several athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.umary.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students UMary/Marauders accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Mary is about 2,900, where graduate students make up roughly 14% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $15,000-$19,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $520-$620 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$8,722|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$7,470|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Mary may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of University of Mary is approximately 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||28%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||13%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program (more info)
University of Mary is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Football (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Mary by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Mary.
- Dickinson State University in Dickinson, ND (98 miles away)
- Minot State University in Minot, ND (108 miles away)
- Valley City State University in Valley City, ND (130 miles away)
- Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD (139 miles away)
- Mayville State University in Mayville, ND (170 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in North Dakota
- Browse our list of private colleges in North Dakota
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of Mary for official up-to-date information.