University of St Thomas provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Saint Paul, MN and operated as a private institution. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately eleven thousand students enroll at University of St Thomas per year.
Students can select from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Computer And Information Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores in a range of 23 to 28 on the ACT or 1030 to 1260 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for getting accepted. Approximately 80 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 30 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at stthomas.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $35,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is around $6,000 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at University of St Thomas through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.stthomas.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates University of Saint Thomas accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
University of St Thomas at St Paul has a total student population of about 10,000. The student body is made up of 61% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $37,000-$45,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$19,743|
|Receiving Student Loans||59%||$10,001|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of St Thomas at St Paul may offer student services including:
- Online classes
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Child care
University of Saint Thomas has a high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||63%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.9%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: University of St. Thomas at Minneapolis Campus
- Counseling Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 2000)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1963)
Campus: University of St Thomas at St Paul
- Health Services Administration Program
- Law Program
- Music Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
University of St Thomas at St Paul is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of St Thomas at St Paul by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of St Thomas at St Paul.
- Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, MN (6 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (28 miles away)
- Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud, MN (63 miles away)
- Minnesota State University - Mankato in Mankato, MN (68 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (83 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Minnesota
- Browse our list of private colleges in Minnesota
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Minnesota may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of St Thomas at St Paul for official up-to-date information.