University of the Incarnate Word is a nonprofit private institution located in San Antonio, Texas and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 7,200 students are enrolled per year at UIW.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the school. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 860 to 1080 for the SAT exam and in a range of 17 to 23 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to UIW. This school accepts roughly 90 percent of students applying annually. Of those admitted, around 31 percent attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $25,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $6,300 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The University of the Incarnate Word Cardinals participate in several athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the University of the Incarnate Word website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, student services, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants University of the Incarnate Word accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of the Incarnate Word is around 8,700 students, with undergraduate students making up about 74% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $28,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $940 for part time students
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$16,130|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$7,647|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of the Incarnate Word may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of University of the Incarnate Word is approximately 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Health Services Administration Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Optometry (O.D.) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Theatre Program
UIW is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southland Conference)
- Basketball (Southland Conference)
- Football (Southland Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Synchronized Swimming
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of the Incarnate Word by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of the Incarnate Word.
- The University of Texas at San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (12 miles away)
- Texas State University in San Marcos, TX (43 miles away)
- University of Houston - Victoria in Victoria, TX (100 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Kingsville in Kingsville, TX (139 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, TX (139 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Texas
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Texas
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Texas
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact University of the Incarnate Word for official up-to-date information.