Ursinus College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, which is a predominantly suburban area. Enrollment at Ursinus College is nearly 1,800 yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Ursinus College offers:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. This school has an acceptance rate of around 70% of which only 16% chose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at ursinus.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $46,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The Ursinus College Bears participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants Ursinus College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Ursinus College has a total student population of about 1,600. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 26% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $52,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,500 to $1,800 per unit
- On-campus housing and meals are estimated to cost around $14,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$31,418|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$7,571|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Ursinus College may provide services to students including:
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
With a graduation rate of around 79%, Ursinus College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||75%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
Ursinus College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Centennial Conference)
- Basketball (Centennial Conference)
- Track and Field (Centennial Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Centennial Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ursinus College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ursinus College.
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (18 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (18 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (25 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (28 miles away)
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania in Lincoln University, PA (36 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania private colleges
- Browse our list of Pennsylvania liberal arts colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Ursinus College for official up-to-date information.