Villanova University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Villanova, Pennsylvania, it offers a suburban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately eleven thousand students are enrolled annually at VU.
Areas of study offered at Villanova University include:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Social Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Students may take either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions at Villanova University. A score within the range of 1210 to 1390 on the SAT, or 28 to 31 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. Villanova University admits approximately 40 percent of applicants annually. Of those applicants accepted, around 24 percent enrolled. Detailed admissions information can be obtained by reaching out to the school or simply requesting it from this page.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $45,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's net price calculator to identify their cost of attendance. The price of on-campus housing is approximately $6,400 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The VU "Wildcats" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study, and much more can be accessed on school's website at villanova.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Villanova University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Villanova University has a total student population of about 11,000, with undergraduate students making up about 65% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $52,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $730 to $880 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||64%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||55%||$28,855|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$7,837|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Villanova University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Villanova University has a very high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||86%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
Villanova University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big East Conference)
- Basketball (Big East Conference)
- Track and Field (Big East Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Colonial Athletic Association)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Villanova University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Villanova University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (9 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (12 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (14 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (14 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in West Chester, PA (14 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania private colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Villanova University for official up-to-date information.