Wagner College is a nonprofit private institution located in Staten Island, New York and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The Lutheran Church in America affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Enrollment at Wagner College exceeds two thousand per year.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Social Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then studied by admissions staff. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 22 - 28 on the ACT or 1570 - 1910 on the SAT are recommended to increase your chances for getting accepted. Approximately 70% of all applicant were accepted at Wagner College, with 23% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $39,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Wagner College may provide financial aid for students that qualify as grants and loans.
The mascot for Wagner College is the "Seahawks", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.wagner.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Wagner College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Wagner College is around 2,200 students. The student body is made up of 79% undergraduate students and 19% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $42,000-$50,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,800 to $2,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$27,171|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$9,579|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Wagner College may provide services to students including:
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
Wagner College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 61%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||53%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1943)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2006)
Wagner College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northeast Conference)
- Basketball (Northeast Conference)
- Track and Field (Northeast Conference)
- Football (Northeast Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wagner College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wagner College.
- CUNY College of Staten Island in Staten Island, NY (3 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (6 miles away)
- Kean University in Union, NJ (9 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in Newark, NJ (10 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (10 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in New York
- Get a list of all private colleges in New York
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Wagner College for official up-to-date information.