Walsh University is a nonprofit private institution located in North Canton, OH and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Enrollment at Walsh College is nearly two thousand yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Walsh College offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to Walsh College. Scores between 20 to 24 on the ACT or 930 to 1130 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for getting accepted. An estimated 80% of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 40% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $26,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should visit the school's net price calculator to identify their costs. Student housing is available for students and costs about $6,300 annually. Students attending this school may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Walsh College through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Football (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
For a complete list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.walsh.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students Walsh University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Walsh University is about 2,900. The student body is made up of 82% undergraduate students and 15% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $26,000-$32,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $880-$1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,022|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$7,823|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Walsh University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Walsh University is close to 55%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Walsh University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Walsh University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Walsh University.
- Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (46 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (58 miles away)
- Ohio University - Eastern Campus in Saint Clairsville, OH (60 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (62 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (63 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Ohio
- Get a list of all private colleges in Ohio
- Compare other Ohio Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Walsh University for official up-to-date information.