Widener University - Main Campus is a nonprofit private institution located in Chester, PA and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Widener University - Main Campus has a yearly student enrollment of over four thousand.
Areas of study offered at Widener University - Main Campus include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Most students accepted to this school score in-between 900 - 1110 on the SAT exam. Widener University - Main Campus accepts roughly 70% of students applying. Of those applicants accepted, around 22% of students attended the school. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $38,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for a cost of $6,800 each year. This school may provide financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
Widener University - Main Campus offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students who would like to learn more about Widener University - Main Campus can visit their website at www.widener.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students Widener University – Main Campus accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Widener University – Main Campus has a total student population of about 5,300. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 16% enrolling as graduate students and 66% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $44,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,300 to $1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$26,430|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$9,745|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Widener University – Main Campus may provide student services like:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Widener University – Main Campus is close to 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||40%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Health Services Administration Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Widener University – Main Campus is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Basketball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Track and Field (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Widener University – Main Campus by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Widener University – Main Campus.
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (7 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (11 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (14 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in West Chester, PA (14 miles away)
- Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ (16 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Pennsylvania colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of private colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Widener University – Main Campus for official up-to-date information.