Wingate University is a nonprofit private institution located in Wingate, North Carolina and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at Wingate University.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Very common standardized test scores among applicants admitted to this school are in the range of 19 - 24 on the ACT, or 1340 - 1660 on the SAT exam. This school has an admissions rate of around 81 percent of which only 16 percent chose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at wingate.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $24,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Some students at Wingate University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Wingate University is the "Bulldogs", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, financial aid information, programs offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.wingate.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Wingate University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Wingate University is around 3,100 students, where graduate students make up roughly 21% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $28,000-$34,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $870-$1,000 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $13,000, the amount includes twenty-one meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$20,085|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$7,262|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Wingate University may offer student services like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
The overall graduation rate of Wingate University is close to 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||47%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Wingate University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wingate University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wingate University.
- University of South Carolina - Lancaster in Lancaster, SC (26 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (32 miles away)
- Francis Marion University in Florence, SC (70 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke in Pembroke, NC (73 miles away)
- Winston - Salem State University in Winston-Salem, NC (77 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Wingate University for official up-to-date information.