Xavier University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Xavier University has a yearly student enrollment of nearly 7,000.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1450 - 1810 for the SAT exam and in a range of 22 - 27 on the ACT is common among students accepted to Xavier University. 70% of applicants are accepted to this school, of which 16 percent choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $34,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $6,200. Students attending this school may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
The XU "Musketeers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Soccer (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the XU website to get a complete list of academic programs offered, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants XU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Xavier University is about 6,300. The student body is made up of 73% undergraduate students and 18% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $34,000-$41,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $650 to $780 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$20,389|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$8,350|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Xavier University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Xavier University has a high graduation rate when compared to other similar schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||66%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- English Language Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Health Services Administration Program
- Montessori Teacher Education Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
XU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big East Conference)
- Basketball (Big East Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Xavier University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Xavier University.
- Northern Kentucky University in Highland Heights, KY (8 miles away)
- Miami University - Oxford in Oxford, OH (29 miles away)
- Wright State University in Dayton, OH (49 miles away)
- Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (51 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (54 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Ohio
- Review a list of Ohio private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Ohio may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Xavier University for official up-to-date information.