Angelo State University is a public institution located in San Angelo, Texas and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Angelo State University has an annual student enrollment of over 6,900.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs San Angelo State offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Most students accepted to San Angelo State earn an SAT score between 860 to 1080, or an ACT composite score in a range of 18 to 23. 93% of students that apply are admitted to Angelo State University, of which 35 percent choose to attend. More information on admissions can be found at angelo.edu.
Tuition & fees at San Angelo State vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs nearly $6,800 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $15,000 annually. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,300 per year. Some students at San Angelo State may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The San Angelo State "Rams" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the Angelo State University website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Angelo State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Angelo State University is around 8,500 students, with undergraduate students making up about 85% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $35 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $3,900-$4,700
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,900
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $550-$660 per unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$7,516|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,797|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Angelo State University may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Angelo State is close to 30%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Angelo State is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Lone Star Conference)
- Basketball (Lone Star Conference)
- Track and Field (Lone Star Conference)
- Football (Lone Star Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Angelo State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Angelo State University.
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, TX (113 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Stephenville, TX (143 miles away)
- The University of Texas at San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (169 miles away)
- Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX (203 miles away)
- Sul Ross State University in Alpine, TX (203 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: