California University of Pennsylvania, a public institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in California, PA, it resides in a rural setting for students to study in. Cal U has an annual student enrollment of nearly 9,400.
Students may pick from many areas of study, including:
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. The majority of students at Cal U scored in a range of 870 to 1050 on the SAT exam. Cal U has an acceptance rate of around 60% of which only 45% chose to attend. More information on admissions can be found at calu.edu.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay approximately $9,800 and out-of-state residents pay $15,000 for the year. Housing may be available for students that would like to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $7,300 per year. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Cal U "Vulcans" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, tuition information, programs offered, and more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.calu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students California University of Pennsylvania accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at California University of Pennsylvania is about 7,900. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 12% enrolling as graduate students and 74% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $17,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $7,100-$8,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $11,000-$12,710
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $440-$530 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$6,614|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$7,518|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, California University of Pennsylvania may provide services to students including:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
California University of Pennsylvania has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 50%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
California University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by California University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to California University of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Fayette - Eberly Campus in Lemont Furnace, PA (15 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (20 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg in Greensburg, PA (24 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington in New Kensington, PA (35 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (37 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: