Cameron University is a public institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma and provides a large number of program options for students. CU has an annual student enrollment of around six thousand.
Areas of study offered at CU include:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Communications And Journalism
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, admitting any applicants that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and personal statements may be needed for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay around $5,000, while out-of-state residents pay $12,000 annually. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $1,600. Cameron University may offer financial aid for students who are eligible by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Cameron University Aggies participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.cameron.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Cameron University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Cameron University has a total student population of about 5,200, where graduate students make up roughly 15% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $15 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $4,000-$4,800
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $13,000-$15,080
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $190-$220 per unit
- Out-of-State: $470-$570 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates locked at the first year rate for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$6,095|
|Receiving Student Loans||41%||$5,299|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Cameron University may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Cameron University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 20%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1973)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1990)
Cameron University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Lone Star Conference)
- Basketball (Lone Star Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cameron University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cameron University.
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha, OK (37 miles away)
- Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX (51 miles away)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, OK (67 miles away)
- East Central University in Ada, OK (97 miles away)
- Langston University in Langston, OK (110 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: