Get more information about Fort Hays State University by clicking links below:
Fort Hays State University, a public institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Hays, KS, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. FHSU has an annual student enrollment of approximately twelve thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Computer And Information Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Most students admitted to Fort Hays State University score in a range of 18 to 25 on the ACT. FHSU admits approximately 70% of applicants. Of those students accepted, nearly 59% of students registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found at fhsu.edu.
The tuition at FHSU varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay nearly $4,500 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $14,000 annually. Students attending FHSU may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
The Fort Hays State University "Tigers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.fhsu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants FHSU accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Fort Hays State University is about 14,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 7% enrolling as graduate students and 83% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $3,600-$4,300
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,090
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $160-$190 per unit
- Out-of-State: $460-$550 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$4,116|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,551|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Fort Hays State University may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
The overall graduation rate of FHSU is close to 45%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Fort Hays State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Fort Hays State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fort Hays State University.
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (127 miles away)
- Wichita State University in Wichita, KS (137 miles away)
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK (148 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (173 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (196 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: