Gordon College is located in Barnesville, GA and is a public institution that provides opportunities for students to meet their goals. Gordon has an annual student enrollment of over 5,000.
A list of some of the programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts
- Elementary Education
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Most students admitted to this school earn an SAT score within the range of 770 to 950, or an ACT composite score within the range of 15 to 19. Roughly 50 percent of all students that applied were accepted at Gordon, with 79 percent of those admitted choosing to attend.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay nearly $3,300, while nonresidents pay $9,800 per year. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $5,200. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Students may visit the Gordon website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates Gordon accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Gordon College is around 4,100 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 26% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,500. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $30 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,500-$2,900
- Out-of-State: $9,100-$10,870
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $100-$120 per unit
- Out-of-State: $380-$450 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$5,002|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$5,925|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Gordon College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
Gordon College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 14%.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1979)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2011)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2011)
Gordon is a Member of National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NJCAA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gordon College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gordon College.
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (65 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Salkehatchie in Allendale, SC (162 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Union in Union, SC (185 miles away)
- Marion Military Institute in Marion, AL (186 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort in Bluffton, SC (196 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: