LHU is a public college that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Lock Haven, PA, in a predominantly rural area. Around five thousand students enroll at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania annually.
Areas of study offered at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 16 to 21 on the ACT or 1250 to 1540 on the SAT are recommended to greatly increase the chance of acceptance. Roughly 70 percent of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 33 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at lhup.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs around $9,100 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $17,000 annually. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus for a cost of $4,600 for the year. Students attending LHU may qualify for aid which is generally grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at LHU through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, tuition information, programs offered, and more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.lhup.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates LHU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania has a total student population of about 4,600. The student body is made up of 92% undergraduate students and 19% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $7,100-$8,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $16,000-$18,780
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $650-$780 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$6,108|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$8,364|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania may offer student services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
LHU has an overall graduation rate which is around 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania - Clearfield Campus
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
Campus: Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2012)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1959)
Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania in Mansfield, PA (53 miles away)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg, PA (53 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Altoona, PA (65 miles away)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in Shippensburg, PA (75 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (76 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: