Get more information about Nicholls State University by clicking links below:
Nicholls State University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Thibodaux, Louisiana and publically funded. Enrollment at Nicholls State University exceeds seven thousand annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students admitted to Nicholls State University earn an SAT score in a range of 890 - 1160, or an ACT composite score in a range of 20 - 24. 84% of applicants are accepted to Nicholls State University, of which 62 percent choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay nearly $5,200 and nonresidents pay $14,000 for the year. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs around $6,100 each year. Some students at Nicholls State University may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The Nicholls State University "Colonels" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who would like to get more about Nicholls State University may check out their website at http://www.nicholls.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Nicholls State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Nicholls State University is around 6,200 students, where graduate students make up roughly 20% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $4,900-$5,900
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,020
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $410-$490 per unit
- Out-of-State: $1,300-$1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$7,567|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$5,499|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Nicholls State University may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Nicholls State University is approximately 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Nicholls State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southland Conference)
- Basketball (Southland Conference)
- Track and Field (Southland Conference)
- Football (Southland Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Nicholls State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Personal and Culinary Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Nicholls State University.
- University of New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (47 miles away)
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (48 miles away)
- Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, LA (53 miles away)
- Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, LA (56 miles away)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Lafayette, LA (80 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: