SCSU, a public institution, offers an assortment of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, it offers an urban setting for students to study in. Nearly nineteen thousand students enroll at SCSU yearly.
Areas of study available at SCSU include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions to SCSU. A score in a range of 926 to 1203 on the SAT, or 19 to 24 for the ACT is common among accepted students. This school has an acceptance rate of about 90% of which only 40% decided to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at stcloudstate.edu.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay close to $7,800, while nonresidents pay $16,000 for the year. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $4,600 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements.
SCSU offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.stcloudstate.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Saint Cloud State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Saint Cloud State University has a total student population of about 16,000, with undergraduate students making up about 88% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,800-$8,200
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $15,000-$17,690
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $230-$270 per unit
- Out-of-State: $490-$590 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$5,149|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$7,277|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Saint Cloud State University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Saint Cloud State University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 48%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Saint Cloud State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Football (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Saint Cloud State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Saint Cloud State University.
- Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, MN (67 miles away)
- University of Minnesota - Morris in Morris, MN (86 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (89 miles away)
- Minnesota State University - Mankato in Mankato, MN (97 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (109 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: