SUNY College at Oneonta provides a variety of degree programs for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Oneonta, NY and publically funded. Approximately 6,000 students are enrolled yearly at SUNY College at Oneonta.
Students may select from a few areas of study, including:
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Business And Marketing Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1020 - 1180 on the SAT and in a range of 22 - 25 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. This school has an admissions rate of around 43 percent of which only 22 percent decided to enroll. Information from the admissions office can be obtained by calling the school or by completing the form on this page.
Tuition & fees at SUNY College at Oneonta are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $7,200 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $17,000 per year. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for a cost of $6,500 per year. Students at SUNY College at Oneonta may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
SUNY College at Oneonta offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study, and more may be accessed on school's website at oneonta.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students SUNY College at Oneonta accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at SUNY College at Oneonta is about 6,100, with undergraduate students making up about 96% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,500-$7,800
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $16,000-$19,580
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $270-$320 per unit
- Out-of-State: $680-$820 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||60%||$6,959|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$6,701|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, SUNY College at Oneonta may offer services including:
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Child care
SUNY College at Oneonta has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 70%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||54%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1975)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2006)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2000)
SUNY College at Oneonta is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (State University of New York Ath Conf)
- Basketball (State University of New York Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (State University of New York Ath Conf)
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by SUNY College at Oneonta by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to SUNY College at Oneonta.
- SUNY at Binghamton in Vestal, NY (51 miles away)
- SUNY College at Cortland in Cortland, NY (58 miles away)
- SUNY at Albany in Albany, NY (65 miles away)
- SUNY College at New Paltz in New Paltz, NY (71 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (76 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: