SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica - Rome is a public school that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Utica, NY, in a predominantly rural area. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled yearly at SUNYIT.
Areas of study available at SUNYIT include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Computer And Information Sciences
- Engineering Technology
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Students may take either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions to SUNYIT. A score in a range of 980 - 1180 on the SAT, or 21 - 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 38% of those students that apply are admitted to SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica - Rome, of which 34 percent choose to enroll.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay around $7,100, while out-of-state residents pay $17,000 for the year. SUNYIT may offer financial aid for students who qualify by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome is around 2,800 students. The student body is made up of 74% undergraduate students and 12% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,500-$7,800
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $16,000-$19,580
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $270-$320 per unit
- Out-of-State: $680-$820 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$6,149|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$6,433|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome may offer services to students including:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
The overall graduation rate of SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome is around 48%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||32%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1992)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2004)
SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (365)
- Basketball (365)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to SUNY Institute of Technology at Utica – Rome.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (119 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (132 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton in Hazleton, PA (154 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (179 miles away)
- Farmingdale State College in Farmingdale, NY (189 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: