The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Houston, TX, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at UTHealth is nearly 4,400 yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. More information regarding admissions can be found at registrar.uth.tmc.edu.
Tuition & fees at UTHealth are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs approximately $7,700 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $29,000 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants UTHealth accepts.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston has a total student population of about 4,800.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- State Residents: $6,800-$8,200
- Out-of-State: $29,000-$34,850
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $160-$200 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $690-$830 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||54%||$4,790|
|Student Loans (Federal)||77%||$8,878|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Academic counseling for students
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Endodontics Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Pediatric Dentistry Program
- Periodontics Program
- Prosthodontics Program
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX (46 miles away)
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (191 miles away)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX (231 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: