Thomas Edison State College is a public college that has a large number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Trenton, NJ, in a predominantly urban area. Thomas Edison State College is a large institution, enrolling over 19,000 per year.
Students may choose from many areas of study, including:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting all students that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, records, test scores, and personal statements may be requested for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $5,900 and out-of-state residents pay $8,600 per year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of grants or student loans.
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.tesc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants TESU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Thomas Edison State College has a total student population of about 13,000.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $6,100-$7,400
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $9,000-$10,840
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $180-$220 per unit
- Out-of-State: $250-$300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||14%||$2,212|
|Student Loans (Federal)||27%||$4,223|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Thomas Edison State College may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Career path counseling
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1990)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2009)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2012)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Thomas Edison State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Thomas Edison State College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (79 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton in Hazleton, PA (85 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (95 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (98 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State York in York, PA (104 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: