Get more information about Utah State University by clicking links below:
Utah State University is a public institution located in Logan, Utah and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. As a land grant institution this school is one of the larger public institutions in the state of Utah. USU is a large institution, enrolling approximately sixteen thousand per year.
Areas of study offered at USU include:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 950 - 1220 on the SAT and between 20 - 27 on the ACT is common among students admitted to Utah State University. More information from the admissions office can be found at usu.edu.
The cost of tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay around $5,700, while out-of-state residents pay $17,000 annually. Student housing is available for students, which costs about $1,900 for the year. USU may provide financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
The USU "Aggies" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-A)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.usu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Utah State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Utah State University has a total student population of about 29,000, where graduate students make up roughly 17% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $40 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $5,600-$6,700
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,700
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $210-$250 per unit
- Out-of-State: $680-$810 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||74%||$7,382|
|Receiving Student Loans||34%||$5,910|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Utah State University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Child care
The overall graduation rate of Utah State University is approximately 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||9%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program (more info)
- Coordinated Dietetics Program (more info)
- English Language Program (more info)
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Psychology (Ph.D.) Program (more info)
- Psychology (Psy.D.) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Utah State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Mountain West Conference)
- Track and Field (Mountain West Conference)
- Football (Mountain West Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Utah State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Utah State University.
- Weber State University in Ogden, UT (38 miles away)
- Idaho State University in Pocatello, ID (85 miles away)
- Southern Utah University in Cedar City, UT (100 miles away)
- Utah Valley University in Orem, UT (102 miles away)
- The University of Montana - Western in Dillon, MT (243 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: