Apex School of Theology, located in Durham, North Carolina, was founded in 1995 as the Apex School of Religion by Revered Dr. Joseph E. Perkins. Originally utilizing the facilities of the Apex First Baptist Church, the school moved to larger facilities in 2002, relocating yet again in 2006. The school was founded as a low cost alternative to other seminaries, allowing those who are interested in faith leadership to have the opportunity.
Apex School of Theology offers associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral level degrees. Additionally the school offers distance learning that allows students to do 100% of the coursework online and at their own pace. Apex School of Theology's programs are designed to educate individuals and prepare them for faith based education and service. The school also provides continuing education courses for those who feel they need to refresh and update their knowledge.
- Associate of Christian Education
- Bachelor Theology
- Master of Christian Education
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry
Admissions and Financial Aid
Enrollment at Apex School of Theology begins by applying to one of the programs offered. Along with the application, students must submit the appropriate application fee, a spiritual autobiography, all pertinent transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a completed health form by a physician. Some programs may have additional requirements. Students interested in receiving financial aid must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once submitted, the student will be evaluated and financial awards determined.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Apex School of Theology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Theology and Religious Vocations (A, B, D)
Ministry (A, B, D, M)
Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries (A, B, D, M)
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $5,300 per year
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $200 to $240 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $210
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $4,200-$5,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $230 to $280 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $210
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||88%||$1,900|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$10,700|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Apex School of Theology.
- Grace College of Divinity in Fayetteville, NC (60 miles away)
- Virginia University of Lynchburg in Lynchburg, VA (103 miles away)
- Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond in Henrico, VA (138 miles away)
- Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, VA (140 miles away)
- Bethel College in Hampton, VA (156 miles away)
- W L Bonner College in Columbia, SC (180 miles away)
- Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC (180 miles away)
- Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary in Capitol Heights, MD (228 miles away)