The General Theological Seminary, located in New York, NY, is a school dedicated to providing an education guided by faith. The school maintains a Protestant Episcopal Church affiliation, and offers priest studies through its seminary. This school enrolls about 100 students yearly, which can provide a great learning environment for students. The General Theological Seminary offers several programs for students to choose from. Listed below are the more popular programs offered:
- Christian Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions office.
The General Theological Seminary also provides services for students in the form of academic counseling assistance for students that may require additional help, daycare services for parents of young children, and help with employment options for students.
The cost of attendance is approximately $17,000 each year for the graduate programs offered. Tuition figures may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should use the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. Living quarters may be offered for students who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $21,000 for the year. Students enrolled at The General Theological Seminary may qualify for aid which is usually in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools has accredited the education provided by The General Theological Seminary for over seventy-five years. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit gts.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at The General Theological Seminary by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Theology (C, D, M)
Christian Studies (C, D)
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $15,000-$18,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $800 to $960 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $420
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The General Theological Seminary.
- Mesivtha Tifereth Jerusalem of America in New York, NY (2 miles away)
- Rabbinical College of Ohr Shimon Yisroel in Brooklyn, NY (4 miles away)
- New York Theological Seminary in New York, NY (5 miles away)
- Union Theological Seminary in New York, NY (5 miles away)
- Yeshiva and Kollel Harbotzas Torah in Brooklyn, NY (9 miles away)
- Rabbinical Seminary of America in Flushing, NY (10 miles away)
- Sh'or Yoshuv Rabbinical College in Lawrence, NY (17 miles away)
- Saint Vladimirs Orthodox Theological Seminary in Yonkers, NY (18 miles away)