List of Private Universities & Colleges in Indiana
Indiana State Private CollegesUniversities and colleges that do not accept public funds are private schools. Colleges in the private sector leverage tuition dollars, donations, and income from operations to run the institution. Despite a higher published tuition rate, you may be interested to learn the average tuition discount from the published rates is 49% for private colleges across the country. For you, this means a college that may seem out of reach financially may be closer than you think after factoring grants and scholarship awards offered by the school. Invest the time to learn more about private schools if you believe this path will help you meet your overall career goals and educational objectives.
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in Indiana
There are 12 large private universities in our database for Indiana. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
Large Universities with Research Facilities or Faculty
The universities listed below offer many diverse academic programs, have a large student body, and usually have research facilities or faculty involved with research. These schools very often have graduate and professional programs as well.
University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame) in Notre Dame, IN
Visit the website for University of Notre Dame at nd.edu
- 10,000 to 19,999 Undergraduate Students Enrolled
- Estimated tuition & fees: $50,000 per year
Large Primarily Academic Universities
Each university listed below offers a diverse set of degrees and programs, unlike the research universities listed above, these schools contain little to no research activity on campus and are primarily academic.
- in Indianapolis, IN
- Anderson University in Anderson, IN
- Butler University in Indianapolis, IN
- Harrison College in Indianapolis, IN
- Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) in Marion, IN
- Marian University (Marian) in Indianapolis, IN
- Taylor University in Upland, IN
- Trine University in Angola, IN
- University of Indianapolis (UIndy) in Indianapolis, IN
- University of Saint Francis - Ft Wayne (University of Saint Francis) in Fort Wayne, IN
- Valparaiso University (Valpo) in Valparaiso, IN
Small to Medium Sized 4-Year Universities
The 4-year schools listed below have a small to medium sized student body and may offer a wide range of associate and bachelor's degrees. Get more information about each school by clicking the links below.
- Bethel College in Mishawaka, IN
- Brown Mackie College in Indianapolis, IN
- Brown Mackie College in South Bend, IN
- Calumet College of Saint Joseph (Calumet College of St Joseph) in Whiting, IN
- Earlham College (Earlham) in Richmond, IN
- Franklin College - Indiana (Franklin College of Indiana) in Franklin, IN
- Goshen College in Goshen, IN
- Hanover College in Hanover, IN
- Holy Cross College in Notre Dame, IN
- Huntington University in Huntington, IN
- International Business College (IBC) in Fort Wayne, IN
- Manchester College in North Manchester, IN
- Martin University in Indianapolis, IN
- Oakland City University in Oakland City, IN
- Saint Josephs College (SJC) in Rensselaer, IN
- Saint Mary - of - the - Woods College (St Mary-of-the-Woods College) in Saint Mary of the Woods, IN
- Saint Mary's College (St. Mary's College) in Notre Dame, IN
- Trine University Regional Campus in Fort Wayne, IN
- Wabash College in Crawfordsville, IN
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
Health Professions Schools
- Brown Mackie College in Fort Wayne, IN
Schools of Business and Management
- Indiana Institute of Technology (Indiana Tech) in Fort Wayne, IN
Schools of Engineering
- Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology (R-HIT) in Terre Haute, IN
Schools of Art, Music, and Design
- The Art Institute of Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both Indiana in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2015: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.