List of Private Universities & Colleges in Kentucky
Private Colleges in KentuckyA private college is an institution that does not accept public funding. They do, however, rely upon tuition, internal operations, and donations to facilitate their organization. As you ponder attending a private school, take the time to consider variables that are important to you. Examples of factors in determining a private college to attend in Kentucky include: enrollment trends, acceptance rates, financial aid packages, student to teacher ratios, campus life, degree programs, online degree learning options, and much more. Make the best use of your time by leveraging the tools at MatchCollege, connect with any number of accredited private colleges and whittle down your schools to a manageable number to visit before applying.
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in Kentucky
There are 6 large private universities in our database for Kentucky. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
Large Universities with Research Facilities or Faculty
The universities listed below offer many diverse academic programs, have a large student body, and usually have research facilities or faculty involved with research. These schools very often have graduate and professional programs as well.
Spalding University (Spalding) in Louisville, KY
Visit the website for Spalding University at spalding.edu
- 1,000 to 4,999 Undergraduate Students Enrolled
- Estimated tuition & fees: $25,000 per year
University of the Cumberlands (Cumberland College) in Williamsburg, KY
Visit the website for University of the Cumberlands at ucumberlands.edu
- 5,000 to 9,999 Undergraduate Students Enrolled
- Estimated tuition & fees: $22,000 per year
Large Primarily Academic Universities
Each university listed below offers a diverse set of degrees and programs, unlike the research universities listed above, these schools contain little to no research activity on campus and are primarily academic.
- Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY
- Campbellsville University in Campbellsville, KY
- Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, KY
- Sullivan University in Louisville, KY
Small to Medium Sized 4-Year Universities
The 4-year schools listed below have a small to medium sized student body and may offer a wide range of associate and bachelor's degrees. Get more information about each school by clicking the links below.
- Alice Lloyd College in Pippa Passes, KY
- Asbury University (dba Asbury College) in Wilmore, KY
- Berea College in Berea, KY
- Brescia University in Owensboro, KY
- Centre College (Centre) in Danville, KY
- Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY
- Kentucky Christian University in Grayson, KY
- Kentucky Wesleyan College (Wesleyan) in Owensboro, KY
- Midway College in Midway, KY
- Saint Catharine College (St. Catharine) in Saint Catharine, KY
- Thomas More College (TMC) in Crestview Hills, KY
- Transylvania University in Lexington, KY
- Union College in Barbourville, KY
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
Health Professions Schools
- Spencerian College in Louisville, KY
Theological Seminaries, Bible Colleges, and Other Faith-Related Institutions
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS, Southern Seminary) in Louisville, KY
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both Kentucky in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2015: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.