List of Private Universities & Colleges in Nebraska
How Nebraska Private Colleges are DifferentNebraska private colleges often have smaller student to teacher ratios with limited class sizes versus public universities. This combination will typically lead to greater interaction among peers and communication with teaching faculty. In addition to the size and communication factors, you may find that private colleges provide strong financial aid packages. In our recent report, a national survey revealed that private school tuition discounts have now reached 49% off the published rates. This trend may help students afford private colleges and the many benefits associated with matriculating at a private university.
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in Nebraska
There are 4 large private universities in our database for Nebraska. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
- Bellevue University in Bellevue, NE
- Concordia University (Concordia Teachers College) in Seward, NE
- Creighton University in Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln, NE
Small to Medium Sized 4-Year Universities
The 4-year schools listed below have a small to medium sized student body and may offer a wide range of associate and bachelor's degrees. Get more information about each school by clicking the links below.
- College of Saint Mary in Omaha, NE
- Doane University in Crete, NE
- Doane University- Lincoln Grand Island and Master in Lincoln, NE
- Grace University (Grace College of the Bible) in Omaha, NE
- Hastings College (Hastings College) in Hastings, NE
- Midland University (MidlandU) in Fremont, NE
- Purdue University Global Campus in Lincoln, NE
- Purdue University Global Campus in Omaha, NE
- Union College in Lincoln, NE
- York College in York, NE
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
Health Professions Schools
- Bryan Health in Lincoln, NE
- Clarkson College in Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health (Nebraska Methodist College) in Omaha, NE
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both Nebraska in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2015: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.