List of Private Universities & Colleges in South Carolina
Top Rated South Carolina Private CollegesTop ranked private colleges found in South Carolina include Charleston Southern University, Anderson University, Coker College, Wofford College, South University, and Morris College. With 2 dozen private schools in the state, student have a wide array of academic areas to pursue. From a liberal arts path to business & engineering and from public policy to healthcare administration, students matriculating at a private college in South Carolina have the latitude to engage with a variety of departments. In addition to the degree pathways, students can elect to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree path along with the modality of learning. Schools across the state of South Carolina offer traditional classroom-based degree programs, online learning programs, and hybrid learning programs.
Finding Your Perfect College Match in South CarolinaBegin your college search journey by reviewing the private colleges below and collecting admissions information from those that fit your unique profile. Once you have had the time to review the admission packet from the private schools on your short-list, you can speak with an admissions officer at the school and schedule a college tour to help move the process along. By preparing for a school visit with a list of questions and personal criteria for school, you will be able to quickly narrow down your first-tier and second-tier schools before submitting an application for admissions. Be diligent, open-minded, and focused on your goals. Good things will surely come from your efforts.
List of Large 4-Year Private Universities in South Carolina
There are 5 large private universities in our database for South Carolina. Follow the links below to get more details about each school.
- Anderson University (AU) in Anderson, SC
- Benedict College in Columbia, SC
- Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC
- Charleston Southern University (CSU) in Charleston, SC
- Limestone College in Gaffney, SC
Small to Medium Sized 4-Year Universities
The 4-year schools listed below have a small to medium sized student body and may offer a wide range of associate and bachelor's degrees. Get more information about each school by clicking the links below.
- Allen University in Columbia, SC
- Claflin University in Orangeburg, SC
- Coker College (Coker) in Hartsville, SC
- Columbia College - South Carolina in Columbia, SC
- Columbia International University in Columbia, SC
- Converse College in Spartanburg, SC
- Erskine College and Seminary (Erskine College and Seminary) in Due West, SC
- Morris College in Sumter, SC
- Newberry College in Newberry, SC
- Presbyterian College (PC) in Clinton, SC
- South University in Columbia, SC
- Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) in Central, SC
- The Art Institute of Charleston (AICSC) in Charleston, SC
- Voorhees College in Denmark, SC
- Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC
4-Year Colleges with a Special Focus on an Area of Study
The schools below are grouped by their special area of focus. To learn about admissions, tuition & fees, programs offered, and more click on the school names below.
Schools of Business and Management
- Strayer University - South Carolina in Greenville, SC
Health Professions Schools
Notes: Tuition & fee amounts are for both South Carolina in-state residents and out of state students, unless noted otherwise. The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2015: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.