The Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies, located Weslaco, Texas, was founded in 1992 by Professor Andrew Leonie. The school opened its doors to its initial class of 12 students. The school is non-sectarian, though it does adhere to its Seventh Day Adventist roots in its belief of developing the whole person. The school offers career education in nursing and other allied health care fields.
The school offers a number of programs in allied health care professions. These programs will prepare individuals for state certification exams if necessary, as well as immediate employment in their give field after program completion. The length of the programs varies based on complexity of the field of study.
Some programs offered:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in attending Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies should contact the school via website to begin the admissions process. Financial Aid is available to qualified students. To determine eligibility students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once submitted and processed, the Student Aid Report provided will help determine if an individual qualifies for any aid awards.
The following is a list of programs offered at Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a comprehensive list of programs available students may visit the school's website or call the school at (956) 973-1945.
Get more information about the programs offered by Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,530 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered commonly takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $26,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,100*
- More than 70 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program is about 15 months
Find out more licensed practical nurse (LPN) programs through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Radiologic Technology (1,132 Hours)
The radiologic technology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $22,000*
- Required supplies and books: $480*
- Students usually complete the radiologic technology program in 12 months
Nursing Assistant (750 Hours)
The nursing assistant program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $470*
- Around 90 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 7 months
Find out more nursing assistant programs through our nursing assistant training profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Medical Assistant (948 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered commonly takes about ten months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $18,000*
- Required supplies and books: $690*
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 10 months
Find out more medical assistant programs through our medical assistant schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Medical Insurance Coding (665 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,350*
- Around 20 students completed the medical insurance coding program last year
- The length of the medical insurance coding program is about 6 months
Visit our medical insurance coding courses profile page to obtain more details and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$4,643|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$8,144|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies.
- Purdue University Global - Corpus Christi Campus in Corpus Christi, TX (115 miles away)
- Galen College of Nursing - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (232 miles away)
- Medvance Institute - Houston in Houston, TX (290 miles away)
- Texas Health School in Houston, TX (290 miles away)
- Everest Institute - Hobby in Houston, TX (295 miles away)