Administration & Social Services
Administration and social services refers to the areas of study that are responsible for the training and education of individuals who wish to pursue a career in one of the areas listed. Individuals will receive an education that teaches one how to work with and assist others, or to manage groups in order to accomplish specific tasks and goals, generally for the purpose of the betterment of society. Additionally, programs in these areas teach individuals about the problems concerning their area, and the various methodologies used and considered in order to identify and remedy them. Many of these programs result in professional crossover for graduates working in their respective fields.
Degree tracks range from fields such as public policy, public administration, and public relations to healthcare administration. These type of leadership positions require students to be thoughtful, articulate, and politically aware of decisions made by an entity on those they serve. Alternatively, fields such as guidance counseling, social work, and organization behavior studies draws heavily upon psychology and pathology to help individuals successfully navigate life.
For further research, students can visit the following organizations and associations to learn more about social services and administrative careers.
- American Clinical Social Work Association (ACSWA): Founders of the ACSWA created this association to support students, graduates, and practitioners of all capacities with all aspects of the field of social work. In addition to substantive member benefits, the ACSWA provides non-members with a free, informative newsletter.
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA): The ASPA strives to advance the teaching, art, practice, and science of public administration. This organization helps add credibility and value to public and non-profit administration while building a bridge to practitioners and students alike.
- PR Council (PRC): Public Relations Council is a group that strives to provide professionalism, promotion of excellence, expand diversity, and share best practices in the public relations domain. Members range from large multi-national organizations to specialty PR agencies across the nation.
- Healthcare Administrators Association (HCAA): Founded in 1980, the HCAA is a non-profit organization that acts as an advisory and regulatory board for third party administrators and related service providers. HCAA is the leading agency for health care administrators supporting the education, networking, and advocacy of professionals in the United States.
- Association for Public Policy Analysis & Administration (APPAA): The APPAA provides a variety of services to public policy professionals including research, analysis, and education. Specific activities include peer-reviewed public policy journal publications, annual conferences, and fostering student participation in the advancement of the trade.
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA): School counselors have the ASCA to help them stay up to date on industry trends and learn key insights into educational stakeholders. Members obtain access to the Professional School Counselors Journal, ASCA School Counselors Magazine, free resources, discounted publications, and access to a robust online community.
In the area of study of administration & social services, we offer education and career pathways, as well as list of top schools which offer the following programs:
Planning to get a degree in administrative assistant? Find schools in your area that offer students a certificate or associate degree in this field. Additional information can be found through the link to our administrative assistant training page. A full list of accredited programs can quickly be found given your specific goals and educational budget in the field of administrative work.
Learn more about the fascinating study of Cognitive Science today by visiting our dedicated page here. Get degree information, a full list of accredited college programs, and a career overview of the cognitive science domain. Our informative portal helps students find the right undergraduate or graduate degree for them from the best colleges and universities in the nation.
Community Organization and Advocacy
Learn more about a future in Community Organization and Advocacy by visiting our degree page and requesting information from accredited colleges.
Learn what it takes to become a professional counseling psychologist by connecting with the perfect school for you. A full list of accredited programs is available with a simple search to help you find a degree pathway and accredited school that fits your goals. Make the decision to gather information about counseling psychology programs today.
Environmental health career has you interested? Find out more information about schools that offer degree programs near you. School listings, as well as education and career information are available through our environmental health degree information page.
Get started on your career as a guidance counselor! Check out our list of schools that offer the best bachelor's or master's degree programs nationwide. Individuals seeking additional information are asked to visit our guidance counselor degree details page.
Healthcare administration as a career has you interested? Find out more information about schools that offer master's or doctorate degree programs. Individuals seeking additional information are asked to visit our healthcare administration degree details page.
Rewarding careers in human resources can be found and pursued by completing an associate or bachelor's degree program at colleges and universities throughout the country. Learn more about career paths and school listings through our human resources degree profile page.
Find out more about human services as a career and see what bachelor's or master's degree programs are available at schools near you. Additional information can be obtained through our human services degree page, including school listings and career descriptions.
Organizational Behavior Studies
Discover college programs in Organizational Behavior Studies by referring to our highly ranked resource from top colleges and universities near you or from around the country. Learn what is takes to become an organization behavior specialist and make an indelible impact on your organization through targeted degree programs in this field of study.
Parks and Recreation Management
Start your career in parks and recreation management today! See what schools in your area offer associate or bachelor's degree programs to help get you started. Students may find listings and career information through our parks and recreation management degree page.
Planning to pursue a degree in public administration? Find which schools offer degree opportunities in this field. School listings and career information is available on our public administration degree page. Online and on-site degree programs are available from top ranked colleges to help you achieve your vocational goals and get you on the path to meet your professional objectives.
Want to begin a challenging and rewarding career in public health? Get more information about schools which offer bachelor's or master's degree programs across the nation. Looking for more information? Look no further than our public health degree page.
Students interested in public policy may begin their career through the completion of a degree program. Access more detailed information through our public policy degree page or search for programs using our degree finder. We have specifically designed our proprietary search platform to help you find degree programs and schools in seconds within a single portal.
Searching for a rewarding career in public relations? Get more information about which schools offer bachelor's or master's degree programs in your area and around the country. Additional information can be obtained through our public relations degree page, including school listings and career descriptions.
Looking to pursue a career in social work? Find information about schools that offer BSW or MSW degree programs around the country. Individuals seeking additional information are asked to visit our social work degree details page.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling
Interested in helping others get back to work in their full capacity? Check out our Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling page. Make a difference in the lives of others long-term by investing in your education today.